Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme [PMEGP]
PMEGP is credit linked Scheme of Govt. of India by merging erstwhile REGP and PMRY scheme. The Scheme is implemented through KVIC and State/UT Khadi & V.I. Boards in Rural areas and through District Industries Centres in Urban and Rural areas in ratio of 30:30:40 between KVIC / KVIB / DIC respectively.
To generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban areas of the country through setting up of new self-employment ventures/projects/micro enterprises
PMEGP is applicable to all new viable micro enterprises, including Village Industries projects except activities indicated in the negative list of Village Industries. Existing/old units are not eligible
Level of Financial Assistance:
- The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible under manufacturing sector is Rs. 25 lakh.
- The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible under business/service sector is Rs. 10 lakh.
- The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by Banks as term loan
- Urban area includes Municipality & Corporation; Rural area includes village/Panchayat.
Eligibility Conditions of Beneficiaries:
- Any individual, above 18 years of age
- There will be no income ceiling and no upper age limit for assistance for setting up projects under PMEGP.
- For setting up of project costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business /service sector, the beneficiaries should possess at least VIII standard pass educational qualification.
Negative list of Activities:
- Any activities/business connected with Meat (slaughtered).
- Any activities/business connected with intoxicant items like Beedi/Pan/ Cigar/Cigarette, liquor, tobacco, toddy etc.
- Any industry/business connected with cultivation of crops/ plantation like Tea, Coffee, Rubber etc. sericulture (Cocoon rearing), Horticulture, Floriculture, Animal Husbandry like Pisciculture, Piggery, Poultry, Harvester machines etc.
- Manufacturing of Polythene carry bags of less than 20 microns thickness and manufacture of carry bags or containers made of recycled plastic which causes environmental problems.
- Industries such as processing of Pashmina Wool and such other products like hand spinning and hand weaving, taking advantage of Khadi Programme under the purview of Certification Rules and availing sales rebate.
- Rural Transport
Scheme Related GO's
|General Category||Special Category [SC/ST/OBC/Women/Ph/Ex-service]|
|Contact Details of District Level Officers for the Scheme PMEGP|
|Sl No||District||General Manager||Mobile Number||Name of Officer Incharge||Designation||Mobile Number||Landline Number|
|1||Thiruvananthapuram||Ajith S||9188127001||Vinod Kumar. S||Manager (Cr)||9048290020||0471-2326756|
|2||Kollam||Biju Kurian||9188127002||Sajeev kumar K.S||ADIO||9497274218||0474--2302774|
|3||Pathanamthitta||Anil Kumar P.N||9188127003||Maya R||Manager||9497851799||4682214639|
|4||Alappuzha||Renjith C.O||8281936494||Leela Devi S||Manager (EI)||9207085586||O4772241272|
|5||Kottayam||M.V. Lauly||9188127005||Smt. Jyothilakshmi||EI Manager||8281384247||481-2573259|
|7||Ernakulam||Biju.P.Abraham||9446384433||Renju Maani||Assistant Director||9446606178||0484-2421360|
|10||Malapuram||Renjith Babu||9188127010||Renjith Babu||Manager(TC)||9846888331||0483-2737405|
|12||Wayanad||Anish Nair.M||8848109505||Abdul Latheef.A||Assistant Director||9495891601||04936 202485|
|13||Kannur||T.O Gangadharan||9497857014||Shammy S K||Manager||9446675700||0497-2700928|
|14||Kasargode||Sajith kumar.K||9847747025||Rekha R||Manager||7012593047||0499-4255749|